Welcome to my World!

It's all about GOD and how we can futher his kingdom!

Thursday, February 25, 2010

What does respect mean to you?

Does being a Christian mean that you let people walk all over you? Ummmmm let see that's a NO. This week I have been challenged with my patients and having a kind heart towards people and let me tell you it is not easy. So let me give you a little insight to what is going on, the builder that built our house is pouring the slab on the both lots right next to us (so we are the monkey in the middle). Yesterday the men that are working on the slab have decided to help themselves to our water supply to do their work and for their drinking purposes. I went outside to tell them that they needed to ask before they used our water but to no big surprise NONE of them speak English (great so maybe I should have paid attention in Spanish class). So I called the builder and told them that we don't mind that they use the water BUT they need to ask before they use it. After that phone call I get a knock at the door and guy that is in charge apologies and says it will not happen again (the guy was very nice). So I wake up this morning to the sound of someone using my water again (without asking), this has been going on all day and I have not said anything. What do I do????? Do I call again to the builder? Do I let them just use it with out asking? Do I call the police? What do I need to do???? While I was think I was talking do my daughter and told her that this is a good lesson to respect other peoples property, do not take things with out asking. As a christian family we need to be slow to anger and patient, kind and loving (even if I don't feel like it at the time), just like GOD is with us. So today I have showed our daughter how to respect others and their property and how to show the love and kindness that GOD gives us everyday. To the end the story I got a call 5 min later from the boss of the boss of the guys that are working saying that they are very sorry that they haven't been asking for the water and that they will talk to the guys. So even if I am a christian women that doesn't mean that people can walk all over me or our family, it just means that as a christian I'm to react to things like this with love and kindness and with the light of Jesus Christ.

2 comments:

  1. Do you have a cooler? You could fill it with ice water and give them some plastic cups. You would make your point and be treating them with kindness at the same time. ?????? Just an idea. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well that would be a great idea if they were only using it for drinking water. They are using gallons of water through out the day to do their work. Soooooo I'm kinda out of ideas.

    ReplyDelete

About Me

My photo
Well what can I say.... I give GOD all the glory!! He has walked me through my life and he has truly blessed my family and I. I am a happily married women of 8 years, we have two wonderful children and last but not least two dogs. It has been a LONG JOURNEY getting here. I'm here to tell you all about it and then some :).